What do I do to inspire my creativity?

 The first thing that comes to mind when I see this question is consuming content. I love animation. I am fascinated with its process, storytelling abilities, and the (one part of its) artform in its purest sense: drawing. Whenever I watch a show I like, read a manga, watch an illustrator on youtube, I get very inspired to open my drawing tablet and get to work. Now, I usually get stuck when I start drawing -- so that is something I need to figure out. 

Here is an example of something that inspires me to get creative. This is a key frame from the tv series "Space Dandy." I have started to collect keyframe books, actually, because they are so fascinating to me. I love being able to break down an animation and discover how animators create movement on a 2d plane.

Basically, when I consume content relating to things I am fascinated with, want to try, want to master, etc, my creativity is heightened from inspiration. 

Comments