Creative Inspiration

Context: I have always struggled with social media -- mainly overusing it. Because of this, I usually have one or two apps on my phone, but they are constantly being deleted for a couple weeks or months at a time. At some point in this semester, I was so bored that I went on my art instagram from my desktop, and I found myself extremely inspired from the content I was consuming. I realized that I had not been consuming media and seeing things that inspire me. I was at a point where I was not creating anything, or even thinking about creating something, because I was so disconnected from other people's inspiring creations! This is probably a unique experience to me, but I was wondering if anyone else has experienced a situation like this? What was it like for you? Does consuming other people's art and content inspire you? 

Comments